Craig Russell is an award-winning, best-selling and critically-acclaimed author, published in twenty-five languages around the world. The Devil Aspect was acquired by Jason Kaufman, Dan Brown’s editor at Doubleday. The movie rights to the Devil Aspect have been bought by Columbia Pictures. Five Jan Fabel novels have been made into movies (in one of which Craig Russell makes a cameo appearance as a detective) for ARD, the German national broadcaster, and the Lennox series has been optioned for TV development.
– won the 2015 McIlvanney Prize for ‘The Ghosts of Altona’
– won the 2008 CWA Dagger in the Library
– was a finalist for the 2019 Wilbur Smith Adventure Writing Prize for ‘The Devil Aspect’
– was a finalist for the 2017 McIlvanney Prize for ‘The Quiet Death of Thomas Quaid’
– was a finalist for the 2013 Ellis Peters Historical Dagger
– was a finalist for the 2012 Crime Book of the Year (McIlvanney Prize)
– was a finalist for the 2007 CWA Duncan Lawrie Golden Dagger
– was a finalist for the 2007 SNCF Prix Polar in France
– is the only non-German to be awarded the highly prestigious Polizeistern by the Polizei Hamburg.